LEAD California (formerly known as California Campus Compact) is pleased to announce the LEAD California – Resilient Community of Practice for Directors. This Community of Practice (CoP) is an 8-month initiative specifically designed to support directors at LEAD California member campuses who are implementing service, service-learning and community engagement. This virtual 8-month community of practice is designed to create an intentional space for up to 12 directors from service-learning or community engagement centers to come together once a month for 90 minutes.
CoP Overview – What does CoP have to offer?
We are a resilient community! We recognize that the past couple of years have presented new and different challenges. We have witnessed your commitment, creativity, courage and resiliency as we have dealt with the ever-changing landscape of our work.
This virtual 8-month community of practice is designed to create an intentional space for up to 12 directors from service-learning or community engagement centers to come together on a regular basis to:
- Create and deeply engage in an inclusive learning community in which all experiences are honored and their challenging questions are explored.
- Reflect on the gifts, passions, and identity they bring to this work.
- Expand their leadership capacity to sustain and grow service-learning and civic and community engagement in their institutions and in the field.
- Learn tools and strategies to strengthen their ability to foster and deepen their campus’s engagement with communities.
- Explore the tensions and challenges inherent in the work.
- Envision and strategize how they can help shape the future of the field in California.
- Develop an individual action plan to support personal and professional development.
- Rejuvenate and reflect via various contemplative and self-care practices.
Unique features of this Community of Practice (CoP) include:
- Networking and learning in a small group setting.
- Co-creation of a supportive and powerful learning community.
- A team of facilitators to support, guide, and challenge the group.
- A commitment to inclusion and equity woven throughout the program.
- Participant input to identify compelling topics.
- A focus on strategies for various campus and community contexts.
- Opportunities for reflection.
For more information, contact email@example.com.